Keep It Simple Silly!
Searching on Pinterest and parenting blogs for birthday party ideas can be overwhelming for busy parents. Who has time to create a customized dessert buffet or make homemade decorations? Luckily, there are plenty of party options that come together in no time. Here are 6 tips for throwing a fun kid’s birthday party requiring little time and effort.
1. Invite online.
2. Pick the best day of the week for you. For busy parents who work during the week, parties on Sunday give you more time to shop and get ready for the affair, but Saturday parties give you more time to clean up afterward. Choose what works for your life. Those who want to attend...WILL.
3. Shorten the length of time. Your family is busy with work, school, and other activities. Guess what? So is everyone else’s.Having a shorter party is fine. Plan for just one hour for toddlers to preschool-age children, and two hours for older kids. This is plenty of time to play and give the family some FREE fun.
4. Pick the right venue. For busy parents, booking a party venue that will take care of everything including décor, food, and entertainment might be the best bet. If your budget allows for it, older kids will love:
5. Buy decorations in one click. Whether your kid is into “Frozen,” superheroes, or sports, Birthday in a Box makes decorating for any theme seamless. Order everything including banners, confetti, costumes, and tableware in just a few clicks. Have it delivered to your home or office the week of the party.
6. Don’t worry about a custom cake. Instead of standing in line at the store or spending time on the phone to order a custom cake, pick up premade frosted cupcakes on the day of the party.
Kids will love decorating their own with sprinkles, frosting, and small candy kept in paint trays from the dollar store.
Nu Epps, Founder & CEO Esyntial Elements Consulting Inc.